Chocolate Banana Cake appeals to most people I know and this is a recipe I make frequently because it always disappears quickly! It is simple to make and my favourite way to use up overripe bananas so they never go waste! (makes me feel heroic!). The melted butter along with ripe bananas makes the crumbs super moist and melt-in-the-mouth feel. This recipe doesn’t require a mixer, an easy one bowl recipe, good for your health, makes a great go-to breakfast or snack and doesn’t require a frosting!
I am sure you will enjoy making this recipe because it has all its goodness and super quick to make! Let me know if you do try!
• 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 cup granulated sugar
• 3/4 cup cocoa powder
• 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 2 to 3 bananas (more ripe the better!)
• 3 tablespoons sour cream
• 1 tablespoon milk
• 2 eggs
• 6 tablespoons melted butter
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/4 cup chocolate chips
• Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (176 C), grease and line a loaf pan.
• Whisk all the dry ingredients- flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
• Mash the bananas in a smaller bowl, and stir together with the sour cream, milk, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
• Add the banana mixture to the dry ingredients in the larger bowl, add chocolate chips and fold together just until combined.
• Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, sprinkle the chocolate chips on top, and bake for 1 hour 15 minutes, until a skewer inserted in the thickest part comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs.
• Cool for about 20 minutes in the pan, and then remove it to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing.