It is a beautiful day today… it’s getting cloudy, dark and breezy and we are getting ready for some rain as per the weather prediction, even though we know what is to come soon is a rather unwelcome summer. But I am enjoying the moment…. Blogging, sitting close to my window…. Having a cup of coffee with a slice of chocolate chip banana bread smeared with butter… hmmm… comfort for my morning…. This bread was easy to make… moist, not too sweet and has all the goodness in it.
Past few weeks has been daunting for me with ups and downs… added with stress and being unwell… but I have to hang on as the show must go on… the world will go on and will not stop no matter what… and my coping mechanism has always been baking, painting, blogging and reading… So baking banana bread kind of calmed the storm within me … and gave me comfort. And when I receive emails when I don’t blog much, asking if everything is okay or just stating that they miss my posts… it just gives me that dash of enthusiasm once again… so thank you readers for keeping me on my feet. So without further rambling, here is my first ever chocolate chip banana bread recipe!Enjoy the comforts of flavors of coffee, cinnamon and walnuts in this recipe! Keep scrolling down for the recipe at the bottom of the post. Have fun baking and I can assure you your home is going smell divine as you bake!!
Recipe is adapted from here
· 1 1/2 sticks Softened butter (150gm)
· 1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar
· 3 Ripe Bananas
· 2 Eggs
· 1 tsp Vanilla extract
· 2 1/2 cups Flour
· 1 tsp. Baking soda
· 1 tsp Baking Powder
· 1/2 tsp Salt
· 1 cup Brewed coffee
· 1 tsp Cinammon
· 1/2 cup Chopped walnuts mixed with Chocolate Chips
1. Make 1 cup of strong coffee and set aside till it cools to room temperature.2. Heat oven to 176 degrees.
3. Cream together butter and dark brown sugar in a mixing bowl.4. Mash bananas until soft.
5. Add mashed bananas, eggs, and vanilla essence to creamed butter and sugar and mix until combined.6. In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir until combined.
7. Alternately add flour mixture and cooled coffee to the banana mixture and mix well.
8. Fold in cinnamon powder, walnuts and chocolate chips into the creamed mixture.9. Add the batter to a greased loaf tin. Bake for 1 hour or more till the bread is done. Test the bread by poking a toothpick into the middle of the bread to see if it’s done. If the toothpick comes out clean then it’s done.
· Add 1 tblsp of rum or bourbon to spike it.
· Use bananas that are ripe or over ripe.
· You can serve with whipped cream or ice cream for indulgence.
All Images are copyright Tickled by Inspirations