I have been on a hunt for easy salad recipes that are power packed in protein and I am glad I came across this awesome Chickpeas salad recipe that is super quick to make and full of proteins. Gayatri from Culinary Nirvana is a food blogger that I follow and she has these amazing recipes that are simple to follow and full of flavor. Gayatri is a professional chef trained who is focused on healthy living, culture and good food. So here is the recipe and I hope you will enjoy making it! Stay healthy!
Onion chopped – 1
Garlic clove chopped - 1
Red Chillie flakes – 1 tsp. (or more as per your preference)
Black pepper powder – 1 tsp.
Salt to taste
Broccoli florets steamed – 1 cup
Olive Oil – 1 tsp.
Lemon juice – 1 tsp.
Canned Chickpeas – 1 can (drained and washed… I used the fresh and cooked chickpeas )
Chopped coriander leaves to garnish.
- Heat pan and add olive oil. Sauté the chopped garlic till golden. Then add chopped onion and sauté till transparent.
- Add chillie flakes and pepper and chickpeas. Stir and toss it well.
- Add lemon juice and toss.
- Lastly add the broccoli, sprinkle salt and toss well.
- Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves and serve it warm.
Add feta cheese for variation
Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds if you like.
Instead of red chillie flakes you can use finely chopped red chillies.
Click here to follow Gayatri and stay tuned to hear more from Gayatri soon! There is another inspiring post coming up soon!
Above images are copyrighted Tickled by Inspirations