Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Annie Sloan Paint Workshop by Sununu Muscat


Learning a new skill always gives me an enormous amount of satisfaction. I have always loved doing my little DIY projects to keep my creative side alive but it’s been a while since I have actually sat and up cycled and revamped anything. Sununu Muscat was kind enough to offer me an introductory course in Painting your furniture or any surface using Chalk Paint by Annie Sloan. These Chalk Paints are non-toxic and works beautifully on any surface without priming and sanding – And most importantly easy to use and quick to dry. In the Introductory Workshop I was shown how to achieve a two-color aged look, a one color- aged look, a crackle look using heat, a flat smooth finish and a washed finish.  And to create different effects and textures, I was taught different techniques on how to use the soft wax that is clear, dark, black, and white. I let my creative imagination take its course and lead me to learning this new skill. It was absolutely a fun workshop to remember. It’s important to complete this course before you sign up for other courses offered at Sununu. Some of the other workshops they offer are Complete Chair Makeover and upholstery basics, Basic Carpentry workshops, Pottery painting workshop, Fabric printing and lampshade making, and lots more. If you wish to join and know more about their workshops in Muscat, please write to workshops@sununumuscat.com

Meanwhile let me give you a small tour of their store that is so cozy … apologies for the quality of my pictures as they were taken on my phone J

My work!







Our group who participated


You can follow them on their social media pages – Click here on Instagram and here for updates on Facebook. For those living in Muscat do try out their workshops to reignite your creativity!



No comments: