Summer is at its peak and here I am taking advantage of the most popular summer fruit – Mango. So I kick-started the mango series with a healthy recipe today. Mango Parfait is one of the healthiest desserts I have made till now. It is simple, quick and healthy. And it can be served with breakfast and dessert. It can also be a post work out meal or a healthy mid-day snack. The combination of mango, granola and yogurt was just perfect and refreshing. And it is also a great way to introduce chia seeds to the family because it is packed with valuable nutrients. Try out this recipe and let me know what you think. This recipe again didn’t fail to impress me and you will find me making more of these in future. I have skipped the quantity of certain ingredients and leaving up to you to decide depending on the size of the serving glass.
Chia seeds – 3 tbsp
Almond milk – 1 cup
Honey - 2 tblsp
Vanilla extract- 1 tsp
Granola or muesli
Fresh mango cut in small cubes and chilled
1. In a bowl, combine the almond milk with chia seeds, honey and vanilla extract. Whisk until well combined.
2. Let the mixture sit for about 30 minutes at room temperature.
3. Mix once more, cover, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours (for best results, refrigerate overnight).
4. Remove the bowl with the pudding from the fridge about 15 minutes prior to serving.
5. Layer parfait glasses with granola at the bottom, then top it with Greek yogurt, mango puree and lastly almond milk with chia seeds. Repeat the layers if the glasses are big. Then top it with diced fresh mango and garnish it with again with granola or muesli and mint or basil.
6. Serve immediately or chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
· You can subsititute almond milk with coconut milk
· Add toasted shredded coconut to the milk and as garnish
· You can also use chocolate chips for garnish.
· You can combine strawberries, cherries, banana or any other fruit of your choice.
All the above pictures are copyrighted Ticked by Inspirations