Christmas is calling and you definitely need chocolate during this season! Any recipe for a chocolate bark is one the easiest non-baking treats to make and a great homemade gift. Absolutely simple to make and it is a recipe where you can keep improvising with the ingredients. This is a highly addictive and easy to make treat and I am sure you will enjoy making it. So let’s move on to the recipe.
Makes about 30 pieces
10 oz. semi-sweet Chocolate chips
1 cup sliced almonds
1 tbsp. Butter
½ cup or more crushed toffee bits (you get it readymade)
A pinch of salt
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Toast almonds in butter with salt.
3. Melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and cook on high in the microwave in 30 second bursts, stirring after each one, until melted and smooth.
4. Once the chocolate is melted and silky in texture, add the almonds, crushed toffee bits and stir well.
5. Pour the chocolate onto the parchment paper and use a rubber spatula to spread it in a thin layer. It will cover the better part of the baking sheet. Sprinkle the balance toffee bits and sprinkle stars on it as I did to add color.
6. Put the baking sheet into the fridge for 10 minutes. Remove from fridge and leave on the counter to cool and harden for several hours or overnight.
7. Once completely cool, break the chocolate into pieces that are a couple of bites each.
8. Store in an air-tight container or package up for gifts.
· Add raisins or any dry fruits to give a different flavor
· You can substitute almonds with walnuts and pistachios.
· You can use dark chocolate or milk chocolate or even white chocolate.
Above pictures are copyright Tickled by Inspirations