Saturday, March 12, 2016

Nigella’s Moonblush Tomatoes

There is always happiness in nature’s bounty…. My weekend started off with a good harvest from my kitchen garden… reaped beautiful cherry tomatoes and I wanted to do something different with it. I remembered while browsing through Nigella’s cookbook, where she oven dried the cherry tomatoes and infused it with olive oil, salt and thyme. Instead I used basil and it still tasted so good with my salad… especially with goat cheese … Try it out and I am so sure you will be hooked on to it.

 
 
 





Recipe adapted from Nigella's Cookbook. Click here for the original recipe...

Ingredients

·         500 gms cherry tomatoes

·          1 teaspoon table salt

·         1 teaspoon dried basil

·         2 tablespoons olive oil

Method

1.       Preheat the oven to 220°C

2.       Cut the tomatoes in half and sit them cut side up in an ovenproof dish. Sprinkle with the salt, sugar, thyme and olive oil.

3.       Put them in the oven, bake for about 5 minutes and turned it off. Leave the tomatoes in the oven overnight or for a day without opening the door.

4.       You can store it in an airtight container with olive oil.

 




All images are clicked by me






 

No comments: