Monday, March 21, 2016

Monday morning inspiration: Welcome to Vandana's home

The start of a new week is so difficult for everyone… lots of coffee to wake you up and to get started… and I thought why not some eye candy for your Monday morning…

Vandana, a fellow blogger, who is the author of “Seasons in the Sun”, has warmly invited us for a tour of her colourful and vibrant home… so sit back and enjoy!!

"Hello all! I am Vandana. I live with my husband and son in Bangalore. I had been into teaching for about 14 odd years with a few breaks in between. Over the last couple of years I have given up my teaching job and am home but of course have taken up learning a new language; something that I had longed for! Well, this 'being home' has helped me indulge in a few things I love doing.
I love reading decor and travel blogs; nurtured the desire to have my own blog where I could pen down whatever I liked or loved. And hence was born Seasons in the sun....
A clean and aesthetically done up space and garden were some of the things I grew up with. My earliest inspiration has been my grandmother who brought me up. Later on the basics of aesthetics
evolved further courtesy the several beautiful decor blogs and glossies. Much of my learning is from them.
As far as my decor mantra goes, it is extremely simple. I, most often, go by my impluse, my love for bold bright colours and my love for ethnic and kistchy elements of decor. I also swear by the 'two minute ' decor theory ( probably this one is my own innovation! ) I believe in investing more on furnishings than on furniture pieces! Since the job scenario these days isn't stable and require a lot of travelling, I try to make do with temporary changes within the home and decor.
Also a small living space restricts me to do much. So my ultimate focus is to make the most of the space available and organise for more storage.
That's about me and my home.
I am really thankful to Rachel and Tickled by inspirations to feature my simple home :-).... "











I loved what I saw.... especially her vignettes and her use of colours..... did you? Thanks Vandana for inviting us to your beautiful and vibrant home. Click here to follow her lovely blog for inspirations.

Have a good day everyone and a fabulous week ahead!


Images via Vandana



 

6 comments:

lovelifeunderthesun said...

This is a lovely surprise, Rachel:-).... Thanks a bunch for this feature!

Disha Mishra Dubey said...

A vibrant, warm and inviting space of a person who herself is beautiful inside and out. Thanks Rachel for sharing images of this lovely home :)

deeps said...

learning a new language after taking a break from job... cheers to that..

Rachel said...

So happy to feature your home Vandana!

Rachel said...

Disha... glad you enjoyed this home tour! :)

Unknown said...

I like Your Home images