Dark chocolate is my husband’s first love when it comes to the type of chocolate. So I got this easy recipe from “The White Ramekins” that just popped up on my Instagram feed on Valentine’s Day. It has all the perfect elements to make this lava cake decadent. It is rich, chocolaty and gooey inside!! There is espresso and dark chocolate infused perfectly in this dessert. You can add peanut butter as per the original recipe if you wish to give that perfect salty texture as well. So if you are a peanut butter fan you should click here for the original recipe from “The White Ramekins”. It’s easy and quick to make… it has few ingredients and requires a few ramekins or custard cups. This is that perfect dessert for that romantic night or just to treat yourself after a long day or a hectic week! My only regret is that I couldn’t photograph the chocolate lava running out of the cake to give you the complete picture. Nevertheless do try out this no fail recipe and let me know how it turns out!
Recipe Adapted from The White Ramekins
1. Dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids), chopped – 200gm
2. Butter, chopped – 100gm
3. Eggs 2
4. 2 egg yolks, extra
5. Caster sugar – 100gm
6. Plain flour – 35gm
7. Vanilla extract – 1tsp
8. Instant Espresso powder – 2 tsp
9. Cocoa Powder for dusting – 2 tblsp
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Grease 4 ramekins with butter and dust with cocoa powder.
2. Melt the chocolate and butter in a saucepan over low heat and stir until the chocolate and butter are smooth.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, egg yolks, sugar, vanilla extract and espresso powder. Then fold in the chocolate mixture. Once the chocolate mixture is blended well, then fold in plain flour to combine gently.
4. Pour the mixture into prepared pudding moulds until it is just covered.
5. Place moulds on a baking tray and bake for about 10-15 minutes. The cakes should be firm on the outside and dry on top, but still a bit wobbly in the center.
6. Gently run a knife around the cakes to loosen from the mould and flip onto a plate and dust with cocoa powder.
· Garnish with strawberries or raspberries.
· Serve it with whipped cream, ice cream or ganache instead of cocoa powder
All the above pictures are copyrighted Tickled by Inspirations