Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Recipe of the Month: A Simple Baked Cheese Cake

This week for me has started with a baking spree. There were so many recipes that I needed to try and test and I finally get some time to do it! I love the aroma in my kitchen this week and my kitchen is happy!!  I am always in love with Cheese cake…. Any kind and in any form... I am a cheese cake fanatic!!!  Today I am going to share with you this cheese cake recipe which is basic and simple.


 
 
 
Ingredients for Base

Digestive Biscuits: 150gm
Unsalted Butter: 75gm





Ingredients for Filling

Cream Cheese – 400gm
Sugar – 150gm
Eggs – 2
Vanilla Essence – 1tsp


Serves 10


 
Method for Base:
Brush your baking tin or dish with butter. Crush Biscuits and add melted butter to it and mix well. Press it down firmly into the bottom of the tin. Place the pan in preheated oven  (180 degrees) for 8 to 10 minutes.



 
Method for Filling
Cream sugar and cheese and add vanilla essence and mix well. Add one egg at a time till mixed well. Do not over beat the mixture. Pour this cheese mixture in to the baking tin with prepared base. Bake it at 180 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes till it’s set. Leave it in the oven to cool. And then refrigerate it overnight or at least for 4 hours. Before serving let it stand at room temperature for ten minutes. Garnish it with blue berry or strawberry or chocolate.

 
 
 
All set for baking!
 
 
Baked and ready to garnish



Decided to garnish with strawberry


 
Ready to serve
 
 
 
Tip:
Cream Cheese needs to be at room temperature and softened before blending.

While creaming sugar and cheese, blend it at low speed.
 

Enjoy baking! I baked two cheese cake.... And I am off to deliver one cheese cake to a dear friend of mine who is travelling in few days.
 
Images are Clicked by me

 

2 comments:

Tara said...

lovely!i enjoy reading your blog!:)

Rachel said...

Thanks a lot Tara! :)