Nothing can go wrong to your cake if you use the right kind of frosting…. Nutella buttercream frosting is my all-time favorite and has me swooning all the time! It is simple to make, its rich, incredibly addictive and silky smooth. It is even better than I ever imagined!! And it goes well with any chocolate cake, or cupcakes and even better with chocolate coffee flavored cake!
I recently baked a dark chocolate cake flavoured with coffee and layered it with nutella buttercream frosting, chocolate fudge and McVities digestive nibbles for the crunch… And this cake was baked for a special and gorgeous gal who is an amazing baker herself, who has baked many gorgeous cakes for me every year!! And I am glad the cake brought a huge smile and joy on her special day! This is probably the decadent cake that I have ever baked.
For those who want my recipe for the dark chocolate cake, please click here. This cake recipe is super simple and has never failed me!
And I adapted the recipe for my Nutella frosting from https://www.bakedbyanintrovert.com/nutella-frosting/
Here is the recipe
1 cup (226 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup (210 grams) Nutella
1/8 teaspoon salt
2-4 cups (240 grams)confectioners’, sifted
2-3 tablespoons heavy cream
· In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or with an electric hand mixer, beat the butter on medium-high speed until smooth.
· Add the Nutella and salt and continue to beat until well combined for about 2 minutes.
· Add 1 cup of confectioner’s sugar and beat on medium-low speed until most of the sugar is moistened.
· Gradually add the remaining sugar until the frosting is the desired texture, beating on medium-low speed until the sugar is moistened. You may need more or less sugar depending on how you plan to use the frosting.
· Add the heavy cream and beat on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
· Make sure you use soft butter for this recipe. Set the butter out on the counter for at least 1 and 1/2 hours before using.
· Frosting can be stored up to 4 days in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Let it stand at room temperature to soften before use.
If you are a chocoholic, I hope you get to try it out soon and let me know how it turns out!!! Wishing you all a happy weekend!!!!
Above Images are copyrighted by Tickled by Inspirations