Churros will always be my favorite comfort sugary snack. It not complicated to make… pretty straightforward. And it’s best to have it fresh and slightly warm! They are made with simple pantry-staple ingredients and fried to perfection… And don’t let the deep frying scare you. Unfortunately I couldn’t take a video on how to fry it but do check online on how to do so. As long as you have a piping bag, a metal star tip and the enthusiasm to make a great treat, then you can make churros at home without breaking a sweat. So here is the recipe
· 1 cup water
· 1 cinnamon stick
· 1/4 cup unsalted butter, diced into small cubes
· 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
· 1/4 tsp salt
· 1 cup all-purpose flour
· 1 large egg
· 1 tsp vanilla extract
· Vegetable oil, for frying
· 1/3 cup to ½ cup (100g) granulated sugar
· 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1. For the coating whisk together 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon in a shallow dish, set aside.
8. Carefully pipe mixture into preheated oil, into about 6-inch lengths, cut end with clean scissors.
9. Let it fry until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to paper towels to dry briefly then transfer to cinnamon sugar mixture and roll to coat.
10. Repeat process with remaining dough (frying no more than 5 at once). Serve warm with chocolate ganache or caramel sauce for dipping if desired.
Above pictures are copyrighted by Ticked by Inspirations