Wednesday, January 4, 2017

The best homemade brownie

Since Christmas I am so obsessed with baking these addictive brownies! It is incredibly rich….full of chocolaty goodness that need no frosting at all. And I have to claim that I am so smitten by this easy recipe. The whole process of putting together the ingredients is so easy and hassle free. And you will find me baking more of these in the near future…. For now I am forgetting about the calories and going with the flow!




So here goes my first recipe for this new year! Enjoy making it!

The recipe is adapted from here

Ingredients: 
·         1/2 cup butter (100gm)
·         1/2 cup white sugar
·         1/2 cup brown sugar
·         2 eggs
·         1 teaspoon vanilla extract
·         1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
·         1/2 cup all-purpose flour
·         1/4 teaspoon salt
·         1/4 teaspoon baking powder
·         1/2 cup chocolate chips

Directions: 
1.       Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 degrees Celsius) and line an 8-inch square pan with parchment paper.

2.       In a large saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter. Remove from heat, and stir in sugar, eggs, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat in 1/3 cup cocoa, 1/2 cup flour, salt, and baking powder.

3.       Fold in gently chocolate chips and then spread batter into prepared pan.

4.       Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Do not overcook.

5.       Once it’s cooled, slice into pieces and if you wish you can serve it with ice cream or whipped cream, or even dust it with icing sugar or cocoa powder.


 
 



Tips

  • Add walnuts or pecan for the nutty crunch. ( I sprinkled a handful of chopped walnuts)

  • If you like coffee flavor, add a teaspoon of espresso along with cocoa powder.
 
 
 
 
 
All Images are copyright Tickled by Inspirations and clicked by me
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Tara said...

Baked this today! It's really delicious and easy to prepare! Thankyou Rachel for sharing this recepie! Next time I will double the quantity and make!this disappeared in minutes :D. Hehe..husband my 3yr old and I Enjoyed it!

Tara said...

My favorite brownies!thankyou so much 4sharing!i enjoy baking these rich brownies with my 4year old...I always eat the majority though:D