Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Home Tour: Deepshikha Mammen's beautiful beach home

It is so good to get back to working on my blog after my long summer break! My break this time was good, lots of family time, pampering and un-winded with absolutely no routine…

Though it took me some time to get back into the routine after coming back… I felt so good to get back to my desk to continue with what I love doing the most… and today I’d like to start with a gorgeous home tour – my favorite segment. If you have been following my blog for the past few years, you would’ve come across an interview with one of my favorite artist – Deepshikha Mammen ( and her loved ones call her Naina) If you have not please click here to read the interview. I’ve always loved her distinctive sense of style and her taste of colours when it comes to art.
Her beautiful beach home, called Villa Naina, is an extension of her art, her personality and a true reflection of her taste. It is located on the Marari beach, close to Cochin. And this absolutely gorgeous relaxing retreat is designed by Deepshikha herself. Therefore there is a personal touch and deeper meaning in every corner of this beach pad. Her home is mainly ethnic in style and lots of elements of wood, therefore giving it an earthy tone to the space. There is a lot of traditional Kerala style and charm infused in her décor and everything is blended gracefully with her gorgeous paintings. 


So sit back, grab a cup of coffee or chai, and imagine listening to the waves of the ocean and browse through this beautiful beach home…

One section of the living room is pure Kerala style décor that is filled with beautiful wooden benches with embossed Japanese tiles and planters chairs facing the sea where her husband Adith sits and works and does his reading as well. The second section of living room is style with modern chesterfield in cloth couches paired with the traditional wooden chest. And both these areas have their walls adorned with Deepshikha's paintings. 








Between the drawing rooms there is a lot of natural light and ventilation and that area is decorated with a beautiful Ganesh statue, a five part granite kerala lamp and a traditional Urli with large palms kept at the tiny open courtyard. And from this courtyard you can hear the rains and feel the raindrops and also get a good amount of sunshine to the space. 


All the bedrooms have beautiful dreamy looking four poster wooden beds with embossed Japanese tiles, a dressing table and study table with embossed Japanese tiles and a stunning 1930 Pichwani art .



I love the tones used here... they balance with the furniture and that my eyes are glued on that cupboard.





The outdoor areas have beach beds facing the tip of the Arabian sea. And the highlight of this home is the sculpted Nandi(bull) made out of granite rock that is kept at the entrance of the house. And the entrance is framed beautifully with the traditional Kerala style wooden pillars. Imagine soaking in the sunset view everyday as part of your routine.... I call it luxury.





Thank you Deepshikha for opening up your beautiful beautiful beach home to me and my readers and for transporting us to a different world filled with culture and ethnicity.

Readers, I hope you had a great experience viewing this gorgeous retreat and inspired by décor style.
 Stay tuned for more home tours and other inspirations!



Above pictures are copyrighted





No comments: