Wednesday, January 22, 2020

A Glimpse of Lyla John’s Gorgeous Apartment


This is my first official blog post for 2020 and the best way to start the year is with my favorite segment, home tours and today’s is more of snippets of a cozy home. Lyla John, an interior designer by profession based in Kochi, has created a tidy, serene oasis for herself. It is a beautiful apartment that has a view… There is a striking mix of simplicity and beauty, topped with a perfect balance of functionality and aesthetics.  I just love the serene, uncluttered vibes of minimalism, ethnicity and eclectic. To save space she has converted the alcove into a smart storage unit which serves as a bar as well. Her collection of gorgeous classic wooden furniture speaks volume when it comes to style. And what struck my attention is her collection of beautiful illustrations and décor accents.


Here is a snippet of her beautiful home and let’s hear more from Lyla herself.










Tell us a bit yourself.

I am Lyla John and I have been an interior designer for 30 years. I predominantly work on interiors for homes and small hotels. I find that my passion revolves around working on small projects where I have a close relationship with the people who will end up inhabiting the space I create. Talking with them, understanding their quirks, likes and dislikes and designing a space with them is deeply satisfying. 



 What is your décor Inspiration for your home?

I have inherited a lot of the big pieces of furniture in my home from my husband’s family as well as mine. So while they are big, traditional and wooden, I try to offset those by using classic colours combinations for my upholstery and curtains, accents are a mix traditional knick knacks and quirky of off pieces.



Tell us a bit about your Décor style

I would say my decor style would be eclectic at its best. 



What is your Favorite Space or part of your home?

The favourite space of my home is my balcony. After spending many decades living in an individual house with a large garden around it, it was an adjustment for me to fit all my favourite plants into a tiny balcony. But having my green oasis when I sit for my morning coffee or evening tea is one of the best ways to unwind and gather my thoughts. 



Any décor tips for my readers?

I would suggest - invest in your home- all the time. Don’t think to do up your home in one shot and assume you are done. Be slow, be deliberate in the furniture and accessories you pick for your home. It should reflect you and not just the latest trends. When you sit in your home, it should make you feel warm and comfy.

"Thank you so much Lyla John for opening up your doors to me and my readers and sharing your décor inspirations with us all!! You home is just beautiful"


If you would like to share your home space or favorite space with me and my readers, please write to me at tbinspirations@gmail.com . Meanwhile stay tuned for more!!!




Above pictures are via Lyla John







No comments: