Thursday, August 30, 2018

Home Tour: Residence of Lisa Bielby

Today I have got another gorgeous home to share with you. This home is a picture of calmness that brings on the shades of monochrome and greys. I felt I could waltz around here humming to myself and soaking in the comfort of this home. You are bound to take away some inspiration from this beautiful home. The home is airy with white walls, pops of colour here and there to contrast the neutrals with elements of wood, textile and plants that give warmth to the space. Lisa Biebly, based in Liverpool, has drawn her inspiration from textures, design and textile. Have a look at her pretty home and get ready to soak in some serenity and let’s hear more from Lisa herself.








Tell us something about yourself.

 I am a primary school teaching assistant and have lived in Liverpool all my life. I live in a Victorian house in Birkdale close to the coast. My son is aged 17 and studying to be a graphic designer. Met my husband 28 years ago and we’ve lived in a variety of houses, including a city warehouse apartment, 200 year old cottage and now this house. I love period details in old houses and we’ve lived here just over 12 years now. 


Where do you draw your décor Inspiration?

I’ve always loved Scandinavian design and mid-century modern furniture. I get my inspo from magazines such as Elle Decoration, Living Etc, Pinterest and scrolling through Instagram. Love Design Sponge house tours too.





What is your favorite style and décor?

My Scandinavian roots (great grandparents were Swedish) have led me to a long love of Nordic design and lifestyle. I love crisp white interiors with pops of colour and furniture with clean lines. Favourite brands include, Hay Design, Normann Cph and Muuto. Simple, beautiful and functional. Fave Instagram accounts are @catesthill @teaandkate . 



Your favorite space or corner:

I love my L shaped grey sofa by the big bay window. It’s my favourite place to relax and read books/magazines. 



Any tips on decorating:

I adore Farrow and Ball paints as the pigment is so rich and the texture is just perfect. My home is overflowing with plants and cacti which add a lovely fresh feel to monochrome interiors.
I love up cycling old pallets for my garden which is a quick and easy way to add cheap chic. Finally, keep it light, bright and add colourful art to white walls to make them pop.






Thank you Lisa for opening up your home to me and my readers. There were so many inspiring details to take away!


For those who want to follow Lisa on Instagram, please click here.




All the pictures are copyrighted by Lisa Bielby.











No comments: